Riley and Davis at Silver Dollar City

Riley and Davis at Silver Dollar City
Look!

Monday, August 30, 2010

Lugubrious

Lugubrious.

Excessively Mournful.

Some days it really hits you. My babies are in fact not babies anymore. They no longer require me for nutrition (directly that is), they hardly require me for anything.
Okay, that's not true. They won't give 4 year olds drivers licenses. But that is the feeling in my heart today. My babies are gone. They have turned into these two people that I hardly recognize. They are so grown up. Even my precious little boy, the one who needs me for everything, told me today, "No, I do it myself". How dare he?

How did the time pass so quickly? Where are my babies?

Why am I crying?

Lugubrious.

2 comments:

  1. Sarah, I am SO sorry I never responded to your comment on my blog a while ago about the Santa website. It's http://www.portablenorthpole.tv/ I apologize that I just absolutely forgot until now...two days before Christmas! I hope you are able to utilize it for your little ones! Merry Christmas!
    Breck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely. Sad, true and just so spot on.

    ReplyDelete