Riley and Davis at Silver Dollar City

Riley and Davis at Silver Dollar City
Look!

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Thoughts for a Thursday

Life has been crazy. Like running in circles chasing my tail crazy!

I spent 7 days in Sedalia for the Missouri State Fair! It was great. The state fair is one of my favorite places on earth. I estimate that I have spent probably 200 days at the state fair in my lifetime. Wow.

I have not been grocery shopping for two weeks. And thanks to D&D Main Street Market and their fabulous produce I still don't need to go to the grocery store.

Speaking of produce...I have made up a couple recipes the last couple days that have been pretty dynamite. Last night I used 2 big fresh tomatoes, and one red pepper, with about a 1/2 pound of bacon, salt, pepper, and a few splashes of italian dressing, tossed it with capellini and chilled it a bit. The veggies were raw and this dish left a super fresh flavor. It was awesome. Then tonite I had more cooked capellini I needed to use so I tossed 3 various colored peppers and one big tomato together and cooked them down a bit before adding bacon and pasta then coating it all and heating through. Sprinkle with a little parm. Mmmmm!

The cooler weather of the past couple days has gone me super fired up for fall and football season. Then this afternoons announcement that Derrick Washington has been indefinitely suspended from the MU football team made me very sad! We are taking the kids to the JC Jays football game tomorrow. Pretty sure that Sherman is more excited than the kids!

Just when I thought we were going to get a good routine going, we find out that Sherman is going to spend next week in Orlando for work.

We are taking the kids swimming on Saturday for what I assume will be our last outdoor swim of the year.

I need to remember that if I think life has been crazy the last few weeks that ain't nothing compared to this fall. With football, weddings, reunions, friends, family, and fun we are fully booked!

I have started shopping for Halloween costumes. There are a lot of very cute ones out this year. But just like clothes it is much easier to find something for a girl than a boy.

I never promised that this blog would make sense, just that I was going to write here!

Thanks for joining me for another episode of Thoughts for a Thursday.

Hopefully I will find some good deals to share with everyone this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment