Riley and Davis at Silver Dollar City

Riley and Davis at Silver Dollar City
Look!

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Busy-ness

Last weekend Riley had a soccer game.  She had fun, scored a goal, and seems to think soccer is just okay.  She has been asking when softball will start so I am thinking that soccer isn't going to be a long term activity for her. 

On Sunday we planted.  We potted tomatoes, peppers, marigolds, and several different herbs.  They have been looking pretty good but the next couple nights we are pulling them into the garage since we have freeze advisories.  I am hoping we get at least a little fruit from the efforts and also hoping they force me to spend at least a little time in the yard this summer.

Davis seems to be changing.  He says really mature things sometimes, and just feels like he is on the verge of a very sudden burst of growing up.  I am definitely ready for tantrums to end but I know that the good parts of immaturity are going too. 

Riley is already smarter than me.  She's in kindergarten.  She can do the subtraction mad-minute/hot pencils.  I learned subtraction in the second grade.

Sherman travels next week for a work meeting.  Just a little nervous.  You see, he does all of the laundry, dishes, trash take-out.  He remembers to put the trash cans on the curb and to bring in our milk delivery.  He pretty much keeps this train on the tracks.  It's a lot of pressure. 

This weekend I am taking Riley turkey hunting.  I haven't been in a few years but she's still excited about last fall's deer hunt that I know she will enjoy it.  I really just want her to hear Jerry call.  I like hearing him, he is so patient and never rushes a bird or calls too much.  If we could be lucky enough for her to hear a gobbler while we are out that would be icing on the cake.  I don't have a lot of expectation for getting a turkey, but of course that would be awesome.  And the peacefulness of the woods waking up on a spring morning, well that can't be described. 

No comments:

Post a Comment