Riley and Davis at Silver Dollar City

Riley and Davis at Silver Dollar City
Look!

Friday, April 26, 2013

Blurbs

Turkey hunting last week was fun, but we didn't get a bird.  We also didn't get to enjoy the tranquility of a spring morning.  Mostly because nothing about Riley is tranquil.  She did pretty well, but it was asking a lot of her at times to be still.  I got to see the show of a lifetime.  I had three mature gobblers in full strut for over two hours.  And at one point there were five birds strutting at once.  And Riley was in a position where she couldn't see them.  So that is a major downside to trying to get three people set up without spooking birds.  She had fun though and asked to go again.  Maybe next year she'll have a little less wiggle in her. 

The week without Sherman has been mostly successful.  Everyone has been where they were supposed to be, on time, all week. 

Yesterday I forgot to let one of the dogs out in the morning before work.  Of course I didn't know that until I got home at lunch.  It is nothing shy of miraculous that nothing was damaged, or peed on, in our house. 

Every year my kids have begged to play soccer.  I have always said no.  This year we are a few weeks into their first soccer seasons, and Davis already wants to quit, and Riley has already said she doesn't want to do it again.  Glad I volunteered to coach...

A small parenting confession: I yell.  I don't mean to.  I start off asking, then I ask with a strained tone, then I yell.  It doesn't make me fell good, but it works.  I just don't understand why they can't listen during the first two phases.  Wouldn't that be easier on everyone? 

No comments:

Post a Comment