Riley and Davis at Silver Dollar City

Riley and Davis at Silver Dollar City
Look!

Friday, March 1, 2013

Blurbs

-Alicia will go to Chicago next week for 2 days, then Houston for an unknown amount of time the next week.  We'll know more after those two teams give their opinions.

-You know all those things you say you'll NEVER do as a parent, then you do them anyway?  Well, one of my "Never Things" was to allow my kids to play soccer.  Guess what?  Both of my kids are playing soccer.  And, I am coaching one of the teams.  I feel dirty.

-Riley has been rocking school lately.  She likes spelling tests (yay!) and also likes to do the "hot pencils" (kinda like Mad Minute if you remember those).  In general she likes tests and challenges.  Mostly because they re-affirm her "right-ness".  She really, really likes to be right. 

-Riley has also been rocking the eye-rolling, snark and dramatic tears lately. I know where the sarcasm comes from, and honestly, it doesn't bother me as much as it should.  The crying because you were told you couldn't go to a friends, that makes my blood boil. 

-Davis can go from the most snuggly, laid back, loving person to a red-faced, screaming maniac in 2 seconds.  I am getting genuinely concerned that the kid has some sort of rare selective OCD.  Like he doesn't mind sleeping with monster trucks in his bed, but might lose his mind if I scoot his cup over on the counter. 

-I am over the snow.  And yet it doesn't bother me.  I mean I am just sick of everything being one color, but the snow itself doesn't hamper me.

-Silver Dollar City opens this month.  I think we will be there at least twice in March. 

-The excitement of knowing we are going on vacation this summer is slowly being replaced by nightmare scenarios that may occur while on the roadtrip.

-A lot of good has been going on lately and I need to do better about remembering the good.

No comments:

Post a Comment