Riley and Davis at Silver Dollar City

Riley and Davis at Silver Dollar City
Look!

Thursday, June 30, 2016

How I use EOs

After I mentioned Essential Oils yesterday, I was thinking of ways to share them and how I use them. I think that sometimes people assume the EO use is on the hippie/crunchy side of life. And for a lot of users that would be in line with their thinking. I don't really see myself that way. We are just run of the mill average family. We eat pizza and McDonald's (on occasion) and we have fruit snacks in the snack drawer. I drink wine, we have soda in the house. I've never eaten a chia seed. Or had a desire to try kombucha. But EOs fit in my fit-ish lifestyle.

Yesterday evening, I started to get a sore throat. Then I noticed an bit of a body ache and slight headache. A couple years ago I would have immediately run to the medicine cabinet and popped some ibuprofen followed a couple hours later by some acetaminophen. Now though, instead of  a medicine cabinet, I have an EO shelf. I was worried that this was more than just a simple sore throat, it felt like I was coming down with something more than that. So, I made a capsule of Rosemary, Oregano, and Frankincense. I put Lemon, Lavendar, Peppermint, and Cedarwood in the diffuser and I topically applied OnGuard to my feet and throat. I woke up this morning completely symptom free.

I didn't start off using them so liberally, or being so willing to rely on EOs solely. I maybe would have used some OnGuard or Peppermint and probably would have still taken an ibuprofen to be on the safe side.

To make sure that nothing will rear up again, I will have another capsule today, and will apply OnGuard to the feet. I won't have to just treat symptoms. I can actually help my body to perform at an optimal level to eliminate the attack. I can make myself better.

I think over the next few days I will post more ways that I use essential oils and how we use them when we are well as part of a daily routine too.

No comments:

Post a Comment