Riley and Davis at Silver Dollar City

Riley and Davis at Silver Dollar City
Look!

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Friendship


I've been thinking about friends a lot lately. I used to think that friendship was about a balanced relationship with each person I consider a friend. But that isn't true.

Friendships are about something much larger. It is about a balance amongst all relationships over time.

Over the last year, I felt at times that I did a lot of taking, without feeling like I did much giving. But that isn't true. I took from those who were there when I needed it, and I was unable to give back to that person at that time, but that giving friend(s), kept me able to give to others who needed me. And that person I gave too, maybe they passed my giving onto another friend.

Don't write off a friendship because they weren't there in a tough time, maybe they didn't have another friend to lift them up. Maybe even in your own time of need, what is most needed is to give.

We can't live our lives keeping score, we can't focus on what a person hasn't given us, we can't expect happiness. We can earn happiness, we can focus on what a person needs from us, and we know that all good things are returned to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment