Riley and Davis at Silver Dollar City

Riley and Davis at Silver Dollar City
Look!

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Random Rumblings

I have 1 day of work between myself and 10 days off. 

When we get back from vacation, I would really like to just skip right to fall.  I am ready for jeans and sweaters, and warm drinks, crisp air, and football.  That first football games when it is still all sweltry, is just not right. 

I am already making a list of things I want to change, do, move, plan for when we return from our trip.  I don't know why, I probably won't stick to most of them.  I think it just feels good to tell myself that I am going to shake things up after this.

While I definitely feel that I am no longer grieving for Alicia, there is definitely a gap.  Instead of texting all my sarcastic comments to her, I just think them.  I roll my eyes in my thoughts and wonder if she knows.  The nice things about having a sister who never hid her reaction to things is that I basically know exactly what she would say in any situation and I find myself chuckling at how funny our conversation (is). 

Davis had an amazing birthday, he pretty much ran the gamut on gifts and loved every one of them.  He comes home each day loads up a bag and heads to the backyard to enact his imaginary scenes. 

Riley is in an awkward age, she is so very capable and wants to exercise her new "grown-up-ness" but only at her choosing, but tries to play that she isn't capable when it is someone else's request.  But even still she is mostly a good kid.  She and I just butt heads, often.

If you don't read Rants from Mommyland, I can't recommend yesterday's post enough, give it a quick read. http://www.rantsfrommommyland.com/2013/07/the-sweet-spot.html

The tomato plants are coming along nicely now.  We have gotten an excellent haul of cherry tomatoes, the Early Girls are so delicious, and we are waiting on our first Better Boy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment