Riley and Davis at Silver Dollar City

Riley and Davis at Silver Dollar City
Look!

Friday, August 10, 2012

It's Elementary

Next week I have a big deadline coming up. It’s something I’ve been planning for years, something that I have known about and been looking forward to, and next week it will be here. I have always told myself that by that time my kids started elementary school I would be organized. Well, in 6 days Riley starts Kindergarten. So that means I have 6 days to get organized. To know where things are in my home. To remember makeup everyday (yes, I often forget to put makeup on). To know how to get pesky stains out of the laundry (full disclosure: I don’t do any of the laundry in the house). To have a menu plan and with well-rounded nutritious options for everyday of the week. To know how to make adorable crafts for every holiday that will delight the kiddies and teachers alike. To have a household calendar with all of the family’s comings and goings posted for all to see so that no detail is overlooked. To notice the stain on my shirt before I leave the house. To notice that the kids have on mismatched socks before bedtime. To start feeding the kids breakfast. To have a process for sorting the mail, paying the bills and those other office-type tasks. To have a system for the kids to be able to match their own outfits. To get organized.


I have 6 days. Shouldn’t be too hard, right? I mean, just because I am 30, and have been a mother for 6 years, and I have never been capable of any of the above tasks doesn’t mean I’m not going to be able to overcome all of those obstacles in 6 days, does it?

If you see me crying next Thursday, it isn’t because my daughter started kindergarten. No, it’s probably because I don’t have makeup on, wearing a stained shirt, unable to find my keys on the day I was supposed to start being organized.

No comments:

Post a Comment